Friday, May 15, 2020

May Announcements

Awards Recital
It pains me to say this, but our Awards Recital will be canceled. Due to the uncertainty of when we can have large group gatherings again, I can't even plan to reschedule. So I have decided just to cancel it for this year. For the past 13 years I've put together a recital in May. So this is very sad for me. Since there is not a recital the last week of May, I will extend a week of lessons through the end of May for those who would like one.

Summer Lesson Schedule
Summer lessons will begin June 8th. Should you want a different lesson time for the summer, let me know. Otherwise, lessons will remain at their same time. I will resume in person lesson in June only for those who feel comfortable doing so. Should you prefer to continue with remote lessons during the summer, that is fine as well. If you plan on coming to the school for lessons, you'll need to stop by the office and get your temperature taken. If you have any symptoms or signs of feeling ill, you should plan on doing remote lessons.

Senior Recognition
I have six seniors this year, so I am really sad I can't honor them properly at a recital. But here they are:


Haley Bondurant- Haley is graduating from Pace High School. She plans to attend Mississippi State University in the fall to study Music Education. Her favorite piece has been "Symphony of Spring" by Kevin Costley. She began studying piano in the first grade and has studied with me since the 5th grade.


Clark Dunham - Clark is graduating from Trinitas Christian School. He is attending US Merchant Marine Academy in King's Point, NY to study Marine Engineering. His favorite piano piece has been "He is Born" arranged by Wendy Stevens. He started playing the piano in kindergarten.


Ella Griffith - Ella is graduating from the IB program at Pensacola High School . She plans to attend the University of Notre Dame to double major in German and Biochemistry. She has loved so many of the pieces she's learned, but says she'll always remember "Le Salon de Musique" by Eugenie Rocherolle. She started playing the piano in the 2nd grade and began studying with me in the 6th grade.



Katie Hilliard - Katie Hilliard is graduating from Pace High School and plans to attend University of West Florida to study Music Education. Her favorite piece has been "La Chapelle" by Eugenie Rocherolle. She began studying piano in kindergarten and began studying with me in the 3rd grade.
                          


Erica Radcliffe - Erica is graduating from Trinitas Christian School and plans to attend St. Andrews College in Scotland or Willamette Univeristy in Salem, Oregon to study Medieval Studies and Biology. Her favorite song she has sung is "Solveig's Song" by Edvard Grieg. She started voice lessons with me in the 11th grade.


Kiley Talbert - Kiley is graduating from home school. She plans to attend Pensacola State College to finish her AA degree, and then she will pursue studies in hospitality. Her favorite piece has been Bouree in E Minor from Suite in E Minor for Lute by JS bach. She began studying piano in the 6th grade and has been with me since the start.