Thursday, July 23, 2020

Register for 2020-2021

register-icon – LRWA
It's time to register for the new school year. It's as simple as filling out the registration form on my webiste (https://edwardlvarela.blogspot.com/p/register.html) and paying the yearly registration fee with August tuition. I will roll last year's lesson time over into this year unless you request something different. It would help me out if you can complete registration by August 1. I have several new students waiting for you to register before I will let them register. Should you need a different time this year, I am available to teach Monday-Friday from 2:45-6:00.

I will be ready to welcome students in my classroom for lessons. Should you need to meet remotely, please notate that on your registration form. You will need to have your set up at home as good as possible. Don't think a temporary set up with a phone leaning on a potted plant. Instead, consider a tripod. The new schedule will go into effect Monday, August 17.

I'm making plans for the new school year, looking through countless books, and preparing to make a big book purchase order. Even through the craziness of Covid, I have seen resilient students who are still learning. Although there seems to be a uncertainty all around us, let's rejoice in the stability of making music.


Amazon.com: Fhdang Decor Pianist Parking Sign, Piano Sign, Gift ...

Truly one of the great inventions is the piano. It is a highly intricate machine with hundreds of moving parts. I love opening up the piano and showing students the moving parts. Even better I love letting them listen to the acoustics made for it. My vision is for students not only to know how to play the 88 keys but to experience the wonder of the piano. Keyboards with 88 keys serve a purpose, but maybe it's time for you to consider moving from a keyboard to an acoustic piano. I always prefer students learn on an acoustic over a digital. They are in the growing phase and the moldable phase. Their fingers need to feel the keys on a piano, different than a keyboard. Locally, Blues Angel Music Store on Pace Blvd is a great place to buy used and new pianos. They offer financing. You can search online as well, at sights such as Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist. Remember the color of a piano has nothing to do with the sound. =)  When buying a car, you choose the car first, then decide on the color. The same holds true for choosing a piano. Look for a good instrument, then decide on the color. I'd be glad to help answer any questions you have. Here's a link with GREAT information on How to Buy a Piano. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18xjMaJXiGQ


Miget Piano Tuning - Piano Tuning Service in Western Kentucky

Acoustic pianos should be tuned at least once a year. If it's been more than 12 months from your last tuning, you don't have to tell me. Just call a tuner! This is like getting the oil changed in your car. It preserves the life and keeps things functioning well. If you need a tuner, please contact Blues Angel Music Store at 850-457-7557 for a tune. Please don't neglect this easy task.